Duracast textured coating system is available exclusively for Formawall® Dimesion Series®, Formawall® Graphix Series® and Versawall® panels. This coating consists of a permanent, non-absorbant acrylic and silica coating applied over a special polyester base coat.
Specifically, Duracast fine texture coating consists of natural aggregates 4 to 16 mils in size, in an acrylic polymer matrix and spray applied in a controlled factory environment to an average dry film weight of 0.5 grams per square inch over a G-90 galvanized steel substrate. The Duracast shall be applied to a base coat consisting of 0.8 mils of low wax polyester applied over 0.2 mils of epoxy primer.
- Acrylic and Natural Aggregate Matrix 4 to 16 mils
- .8 mil [20 micron] nominal polyester
- .2 mil [5.1 micron] nominal primer
- Substrate – G-90 galvanized steel, aluminum
- The appearance of precast with the performance of an insulated metal panel.
- Compared to precast:
- Reduces structural requirements and installation costs.
- Dry seal joinery eliminates most sealants that degrade and stain.
- Shorter material lead times and faster installation.
- Free of absorbent materials.
- Available in 8 standard colors.
- Custom colors are available in the pastel color range.
Duracast is fully tested to ensure long service life.
- QUV WEATHEROMETER (ASTM G 154-00) After 2000 hours there shall be no loss of adhesion or color change in excess of 5 delta E units.
- Humidity ASTM D4585 passed 1000 hours with no effect on panel.
- SALT FOG TEST (ASTM B 117-97) Test specimens scribed to the base metal shall be subjected to 1000 hours of 5% salt solution at 95 degrees F. When evaluated in accordance with ASTM D 1654-92 there shall be a rating of 10 indicating no effect.
- FREEZE THAW CYCLING (ASTM D 4585-97) Test specimens shall be cycled 50 times from 2 hours exposure to 100% humidity at 120 degrees F to 2 hours exposure at 10 degrees F. When evaluated in accordance with ASTM D 1654-92 there shall be a rating of 10 indicating no effect.
- Falling sand, ASTM D968 passed 400 litres of falling sand.
- Standard G-90 hot-dip galvanized steel conforming to ASTM A924 and ASTM A653 structural quality
To see CENTRIA's full selection of vibrant colors, download our color brochure.