A durable polyvinylidene fluoride coating system containing 70% Kynar 500®/Hylar 5000® resins. Fluorofinish is a good choice for architectural applications.
- .8 mil [20 micron] nominal Color Coat
- .2 mil [5.1 micron] nominal Primer
- Substrate G-90 galvanized steel, aluminum
Reflect the following performance characteristics in accordance with ASTM test procedures:
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366T)
Passes 1,000 hours. Color Change: No more than 5 Δ (Hunter) units. Chalk: Rating no less than 8.
- Specular Gloss (ASTM D523 at 60°)
Coating shall have a gloss of 20-35 typical.
- Chalking Resistance (ASTM D4214)
Maximum rating of 8.
- Color Change (ASTM D2247)
Maximum 5 Δ E (Hunter) units change.
- Humidity Test (ASTM D2247)
100% relative humidity at 100°F. Passes 2,000 hours. No blisters.
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117)
Passes 1,000 hours with less than 1/16" creepage from scribe. No blisters.
- Pollution Resistance Test (ASTM D1308)
10% HCL, 15 minutes – no effect.
20% H2SO4, 18 hours – no effect.
- T-Bend (ASTM D4145)
0-T to 2-T no loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test (ASTM D2794)
No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D968)
Liters to expose 5/32 of substrate – 50 liters.
*Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) coat contains 70% Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® resin. Kynar 500 is a registered trademark of Elf Atochem North America, Inc. Hylar 5000 is a registered trademark of Ausimont USA, Inc.
- Standard G-90 hot-dip galvanized steel conforming to ASTM A924 and ASTM A653 structural quality
- Galvalume steel, hot-dip coated with aluminum-zinc alloy conforming to ASTM A924 and ASTM A792
- Aluminum Alloy 3003 or 5052 and for standing seam roof panels, 3004**, available in smooth surface as a substrate
**Subject to minimum quantity requirements
To see CENTRIA's full selection of vibrant colors, download our color brochure.